No announcement yet.

New playable game - Rugby Champions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are also planning to release the 1996 and 2019 Super Rugby Competitions in October

Comment

• samuelrambo
      samuelrambo commented
      Editing a comment
      That initial investment I made last week just continues to reap returns! I get to have my first crack on Friday!

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      Really looking forward to hearing how you get on Rambo!

I checked it out the other day. It's surprisingly fun rugby game. (I didn't expect that after looking at the graphics, which are not that great). But putting that aside the core gameplay, namely the passing system is very good and natural. IMO, it is one of the best gameplay on a recent rugby game.

Comment

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for you comments. The gameplay experience is what we have been targeting, so glad to know you are enjoying that. Would really appreciate if you left a review on Steam

For those of you playing Rugby Champions, just letting you know the game has been updated to include the following,

- The default gameplay camera has been zoomed out to improve playability

- The gameplay camera zoom and tilt can still be modified to suit your preference, and your preferred settings will now be remembered each time you play a game

- The side steps have been improved so that they are more realistic, requiring later execution closer to the defender than they previously did

- The speed of slow-motion kicking has been increased to provide better flow

- An in-game controller guide now displays during gameplay to ease the learning curve for game controls. These can be turned of during match play by going to the Settings menu

- The crowd audio has been improved to offer a more immersive experience

- The volume of music and SFX can now be adjusted independently to suit your preference

Comment

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Guys, look forward to your feedback and what else we can improve in the future. Can't wait for the new series Cornflake! Contact system could be good, will have a think, and let us know how you think it might best work within the current game.

• Cornflake
      Cornflake commented
      Editing a comment
      It depends how deep you want it to go. I love the fact you can have the youth come through and the old guns retire and you breed a new life of players, I love getting to that point when playing FM. Honestly my first thought would be contracts to be brought or extended with the recruitment points and if you wanted to let a player go or can't afford it, just don't renew. As I said, it depends on the depth, recruitment points work well in its current situation but if its to go deeper and have contract value, caps etc the points dont work as well. As it sits now, costing slightly less recruitment pts to renew a contract than buy a new similar player, then cost depends on age, skill, years, ie 6 pts for a year, 13 for two or something. You want to keep youth and the likes. Really like the direction its going, I know it would be a massive add on, but the AI trying to nick players from other sides as you can would also add an awesome dimension.... Unless they already do? I've only run a 2 season test to see how it works, didn't check that sort of thing, but I am getting carried away now.

Over all though, awesome work!

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      I think just being able to renew a contract for some fraction of the cost to purchase (25%?), something like that. If an AI team wants to sign them maybe you have to pay 50%. The trick is to add depth while maintaining simplicity.

We're just finishing off the Pro 14 to add to Rugby Champions. Can anybody who follows the competition tell me what it means when a player has played, for example, 56 + 10 games? As listed in this list,

https://www.pro14rugby.org/statistics/player-archive/

Comment

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like you are right dan! Just found the description on the site,

'A plus sign (+) in the played column denotes substitute appearance'

• Cornflake
      Cornflake commented
      Editing a comment
      Pro 14! Exciting stuff!! When can we expect to see it added!? How can I fit in another new series.... hmmm

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be in the next few days!

Indeed... see at the bottom of the screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-12-22.png
Views:	107
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	21650

Comment

Rugby Champions has been updated to include the Pro14

Comment

Is this game still available and active? I accesed the link and i saw that i can buy it on steam, but when i press the buy button it sais unavailable. I really wanted to try a rugby game, as most of the rugby games i played were utter trash. Everything related to those games, well, i disliked totally. And it is a pitty that we do not have a rugby video game, just like we have for football, in the face of fifa. I actually tried to create a rugby game, but had some problems with the online, couldn't find a proper server hosting service. I found https://ggservers.com, and i understood that they are really great, however the only have that kind of services for minecraft.
        Last edited by JakekeKe9; 09-07-2020, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• gpred
          gpred commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, it should be still available. Not sure what's going on there, will check with the publisher and get back to you.

• gpred
          gpred commented
          Editing a comment
          If you try again it should be working
      Working...
      X