This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forced Update Info (10/26/2016)

The new forced update is now available. Download it from the link you used previously.

New features are,

- Improved in game graphics (let us know how this runs on your PC)
    - New AI featuring marks.
    - GRM offline is now 100% free - tell your friends! - simply direct them too globalrugbymanager.com
    - GRM online is now 100% free - tell your friends! - simply direct them too globalrugbymanager.com

Free users of GRM online must log in at least once every two weeks. This period can be extended by paying a membership fee.

After downloading, remember to install as administrator and run as administrator by right clicking the GRM install .exe and
    the GRM desktop icon and choose 'run as administrator'. This should stop your pc from blocking the application.

Nice to see the second conference filling up! Very surprised.

A quick report on my performance in the new version:

I currently have to run the game on simple to get an acceptable frame rate. I'm also getting the blurry text (but you're aware of that).
    I'm running Windows 10. Intel Iris Graphics 5100 graphics card. See attached txt. I'm using a second monitor (1900*1200) so ignore 'current resolution'.

It's not a particularly grunty graphics card (integrated laptop deal).

It might be my imagination since I've never timed it before, but on generating training matches it feels like it's hanging a lot longer at the end of 'generating match'.

Attached Files

Comment

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. It is good to see it filling up!

Thanks pita. If anyone else wants to post the settings and performance they are getting, that would be great.

Post your PC specs too if you can. It is all helpful for us.

Comment

• samuelrambo
      samuelrambo commented
      Editing a comment
      Where can you get the information that Pita has provided? I'm happy to do so - just don't know how to provide it.

• gpred
      gpred commented
      Editing a comment
      You can right click your pc in the file explorer and select properties for some basic info.

Just for interest sake, here is a comparison of the new graphics on both the highest and lowest settings.

lowest

highest

Comment

• samuelrambo
      samuelrambo commented
      Editing a comment
      I noticed the brightness most of all - and the shadows. The best quality looks awesome!

• ceejay
      ceejay commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, the fastest setting has a single light source while the higher settings have multiple lights and and dynamic shadows. The texture quality and draw distance are also quite different. Just look a the field lines and grass starting to blur in the lowest pic. That said, fastest did not look as bad as I remembered (when testing) and the darkness at least makes it still look like night game

Hey guys! I am using an intro level laptop that I bought 3 years ago on contract. The specs are Intel 1.70 GHz, basic 128mb video card and than I added 2GB RAM when GRM came out last year to make it 4GB. With regards to Cento, I can't think that he needs a new PC, I would recommend him to maybe look at his drivers or just add the 2GB RAM. Like I say, my laptop is certainly not the best you'll get but GRM is working just fine for me. It was a little bit slow on the "fastest" level but I noticed when I dropped the resolution by 1 level it made a big difference. All in all I'm just glad this great game is working on my laptop and feel privileged to be part of this community. Keep up the good work guys, like I said a few years ago, this game will be the biggest and best ever!

Comment

• Cento
      Cento commented
      Editing a comment
      James see my specs below, it all looks great, I see you talk about a video card? where do I see that if I have it?

• James
      James commented
      Editing a comment
      Your Laptop is better than mine so I don't think it's the PC Cento. Go to Display>Screen Resolution>Advanced settings. The PC at work only has a 64MB Card and it is running fine.

• samuelrambo
      samuelrambo commented
      Editing a comment
      Ditto, James - my graphics memory is less than yours and I can get it to work.

The below specs of my laptop James

Comment

Comment

• Cento
        Cento commented
        Editing a comment
        I attached my settings as I dont have that what you have,see the screenshots below

Comment

• Cento
        Cento commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you everyone again... gpret, rub it in, its ok I `ll take it on the chin
        Weldone on a great game.

• danielw
        danielw commented
        Editing a comment
        Well done, and a big thank you to the likes of Zagrijs and James that unselfishly offered their time to propose solutions to Cento's problem. These acts of "brotherhood" will keep the game alive for many seasons to come!

• Pita
        Pita commented
        Editing a comment
        Huzzah! Glad you're still with us Cento.
    Working...
    X