No announcement yet.

Player creation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to hear the different opinions on the player in question above. Personally, I would pass him, simply because I attach a high, non-negotiable premium on tackling skills for a wing, which Goneva lacks. But here is a very similar example from the FA, near identical than Goneva. In this case, however, his defense skills would definitely pass my criteria. Otherwise, everything OK, BUT the handling skills and low training rates are bothersome. Handling is an important skill too, especially for backline players. It's non-negotiable for midfielders, and maybe slightly less critical for wingers. If I had the choice between handling and tackling for a winger, I would always give preference to tackling. Now, the player is on the FA, there is a chance I might get him cheaply if the team needs such a player. So, I might make a bid on him with the purpose of using the player in the lineup after a number of training sessions in handling, but not necessarily speculating with him anytime soon. So, yes, I'm interested in him, but only because he is on FA, there is a chance I will get him cheaply, and he might be useful in the lineup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Global Rugby Manager LIVE 1.0 2020_09_17 5_28_52 AM (2).png
Views:	80
Size:	251.7 KB
ID:	26062

Comment

• danielw
      danielw commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha ha, in a world of "new normals", I guess another one is not too much of a challenge. Speaking of "normals", I think it was Vincent van Gogh that once said normality is like a paved road, easy to walk on, but you won't find any flowers growing there!

• moujik
      moujik commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe the idea was partly to have a balance in skills. LIke an example with loosies being either good at defense, rucking of attack, or two of those, but not all.. I just don't see where the plus side is supposed to be in this player to counterbalance his atrocious handling

I believe it'd be helpful if someone posted an opposite example. A player who is definitely benefited from the new model
      Last edited by moujik; 09-19-2020, 10:02 AM.

• danielw
      danielw commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, as Pita also explained above, the new-gen players' skills will look odd compared with most players available in the game. It will take perhaps a long time to deem it necessary to consider such new-gen players seriously while the old stock (without clear deficiencies in skill) is freely available. I did express earlier my thoughts that one should expect in real life pro or aspirant pro backline player to have certain tackling and ball skills, while a wider variance in other skills obviously will be applicable. That's the good part of the new-gen players.The two cases presented clearly lack in tackling or handling, a bit odd to me, I must confess. But that's just my thoughts, maybe there are managers that prefer players with poor handling or tackling if they may have some superior attributes or skills otherwise, and I'm happy to abide to whatever is presented to me (ha ha, I'm not forced to play the game, do it only for the fun, and maybe it's becoming a greater challenge too!). In the example above, I'll be interested in the player only if I can get him cheaply, i.e. I'm not prepared to pay any premium whatsoever because of his deficiency in handling, and that's is based on my current definition of "normal", but over time, and as is in real life, one's perceptions of "normal" do change.
      Last edited by danielw; 09-19-2020, 06:30 AM.
Working...
X